Fortunately, Edmonton Plumbing has some tips to help you prevent your pipes from freezing.
Frozen Pipes in Edmonton
Winters are cold in Canada. With temperatures falling below zero, everything turns to ice. Not even the water in our pipes are safe! Fortunately, Edmonton Plumbing has some tips to help you prevent your pipes from freezing:
- Make sure to disconnect, drain, and store all garden hoses.
- Open the outdoor faucet, close all interior shut-off valves in the home, and drain out all water.
- Keep the faucet open so that the water remaining in the pipe can expand without damaging it.
- Insulate water supply lines in unheated areas of the home such as in the attic, in the basement, under kitchen and bathroom cabinets, in the garage, and in crawl spaces.
We are happy to serve your needs dealing with Frozen Pipes
Many people take vacations to warmer destinations during the winter. If you will not be home due to travel plans then it is best to take some precautionary measures so that you don’t return to find all your pipes frozen or already bursted. To ensure your pipes don’t freeze while you are gone, the best measures to take are to:
- Turn off the main water supply.
- Set the thermostat to 15-17°C or higher.
- Keep cabinet doors under sinks opened so that heat can circulate around the pipes.
Need Frozen Pipes Service?
Choosing Edmonton Plumbing means you are choosing the best available craftsmanship available in the area. We are able to address simple drips as well as the most severe drainage or pipework problems.